As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving this week here in the United States, I have been reflecting on all the things I have to be thankful for. While I could write for hours about this, I thought I’d just share today why I’m thankful for my chef/husband of 19 years.
I am thankful for my chef/husband because . . .
- . . . he cooks well. Just getting the obvious out of the way here. But really, I am thankful for this. If he didn’t cook well, who would cook my 5 course dinner every night. Haha!
- . . . he loves the Lord and has a passion for the truth. I am thankful that he stands up for what he believes, no matter what others think or say.
- . . . he provides for us financially. There are many days he gets up, more exhausted than he went to bed. Yet he gets up with a good attitude, and heads off to work to provide for us.
- . . . of his strong work ethic. Every day he sets an example for the girls and I and all those around him at work by showing what it means to work hard and always try your best.
- . . . he is wise (not to be confused with being smart – which he is as well.) My chef/husband is able to look at a situation and have wisdom in it. He is able to leave emotion out of it and truly give good advice and make good decisions based on his past experience and just good common sense. I truly value what he has to say and have been amazed by his wisdom many times this past year as we talk and make decisions together.
- . . . he is a good listener. He is always willing to let me talk, even when I ramble on and on about our day.
- . . . he is level headed. He is able to stay calm and rational when things get crazy.
- . . . he is artistic. Not only has this helped him in his career as a chef, but our house looks nice because he’s able to decorate well. (I am not artistic at all.)
- . . . he is a wonderful father. The love and compassion he shows our children is amazing. I love watching them together.
As I send a link of this post off to him today, I’m reminded that I don’t tell him enough why I’m thankful for him. I need to do this more.
Have you told your chef/husband or chef/boyfriend why you are thankful for him lately?
From one chef’s wife to another,