Catching up with the Chef’s Wife



Can you hear it?

It’s silence.



Do you know why?

Today was the first day of school – lol!  All three of our girls started school today.

I haven’t had the house that quiet in months.  I actually turned music on because it felt so strange having it so quiet.  I’m sure I’ll get used to it again.  But for today, it was strange.

It’s been a crazy summer.  On top of all the projects our kids kept planning (AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!) with the neighborhood kids, my husband was out of town for almost a month for a new restaurant opening.  He also had two surgeries.  Yes. TWO!!  Hopefully one day soon he will wake up and not feel like he’s falling apart.  🙁

In the midst of restaurant openings and surgeries, we were able to get away for a few short vacations as a family!  (My chef/husband is of course taking this picture, but it's one of my favorites from our list trip.)

In the midst of restaurant openings and surgeries, we were able to get away for a few short vacations as a family! (My chef/husband is of course taking this picture, but it’s one of my favorites from our list trip.)

Surgery . . .

First surgery was for a ginormeous (I’m not sure if that’s a real word) plantar’s wart that should have been taken care of at the Dr. a long time ago.  But it was finally time to take care of it.  He’s still having some sort of problem with his foot, and we are not sure what’s going on.  One day he won’t be limping any more . . .

Second surgery was for tennis elbow, or what I call chef elbow.  The first few days of recovery were really hard, but he’s doing much better now.  (It’s been a week.)  He’s been working a lot from home (typing with one hand and talking to the computer).  The ginormous (there’s that word again) splint/bandage comes off on Friday and he’s looking forward to being able to extend his arm, although I think it’s going to be really painful.  🙁  One day he will be able to use his dominate arm again. . .

Seriously, is the restaurant industry slowly killing my chef???

In between the surgeries, he managed to oversee the opening of a new restaurant.

So restaurant openings . . .

They stink.  It’s actually better when it’s in another city so my chef/husband can just focus on work and not have to worry about us.  But having him gone for 3 1/2 weeks was really hard.  The opening went really well and he came home a few days early.  But 3 1/2 weeks is really too long (especially over the summer)!  The owners, CEO, etc. were very pleased with how it went and I’m so proud of him!

So the blog . . .

It was virtually impossible to keep up with social media and writing blog posts with all 3 kids home over the summer.  At first I really struggled with it, but then just gave up and decided to just sit back and enjoy summer with the kids.  I’m glad I did.  I kept up with many of you in our closed Facebook group (which I LOVE!!!!!, but now that school is back in session, I’ll be back to posting on social media and the blog again.

I also FINALLY have some really fun Chef Wife t-shirts printed that I am getting ready to start selling in October!  Woohoo!!  I hit a few snags along the way when printing them, but they are here in my house and ready to go!!  I will be offering them first to my email subscribers, so if you are not signed up for my monthly newsletter, make sure to do that today!  (There’s a signup form at the bottom of this post or one will pop up on the screen for you soon.)

As always, thanks for reading.  It’s good to be back. Anything new and exciting going on with you and your chef that I should know about?  Let me know in the comments!

From one chef’s wife to another,


Follow Jennifer @ Emulsified Family’s board Married to a Chef on Pinterest.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *